Tips for Hiring a Heating and Cooling Contractor
- Check the companies reviews. Every company will get a few negative reviews. Make sure the negatives are not concerning warranty or workmanship.
- Make a site visit. Visit the companies location or office. Professionalism starts at the home office location.
- Ask for recent customer installation locations. Ask to visit a current job that is on going. The best way to sense the quality is by seeing it first hand.
- Review the Better Business Bureau for the history of the companies state license. The BBB keeps ongoing updates of all current HVAC licenses generated by the secretary of states office. Has the company been in trouble?
- Have the company explain the code updates for your new AC or furnace install. You will be amazed at the lack of knowledge most HVAC contractors have about the most recent code requirements.